I have tried to gather some important ones. I will update this post when I spot something new 🙂
- 3 – devices can be unlocked by one developer(one live ID)
- 3 – apps can be deployed by DearmSpark developer per one phone
- 5 – free apps per account (next one is 19.99$)
- 5 – seconds after launch the app must show something to the user(loading screen f.e.).
- 10 – apps can be deployed by developer(paid fee) per one phone
- 15 – push notification channels per device
- 20 MB – The maximum size of the OTA (over the air) installation file for the application.
- 30 – frames per seconds XNA updates the screen.
- 60 – frames per second Silverlight updates the screen
- 62 x 62 – icon size(PNG)
- 90 MB – memory usage for devices with 256 MB ( limit can go up for devices with more than 256MB)
- 99 x 99 – Small mobile app tile (PNG)
- 173 x 173 – tile size(PNG)
- 200 x 200 – Large PC app tile(PNG)
- 225 MB – The maximum size of the XAP package file.
- 480 x 800 – screenshoot of an app.
- 1000 x 800 – Panaroama background for marketplace – not 1440 (PNG)
- 0.99$ – mimimum price of an app
- 99$ – registration fee
- 200$ – payout threshold
- 499.99$ – maximum price of an app
The collection time of payment
- 15 to 30 days for credit card billing
- 90 to 120 days for mobile operator billing
- Copy and paste text.
- Preview of back button stack.
- Battery api.
- Camera – movie api.
- Silverlight integration with XNA.
- Exposed MAC address of WIFI.
- Tile tap and hold option to unintall the app.
There are rumors that Copy and paste will be fixed on February. Will see.
Charles Petzold has released ebook about Windows Phone 7 for free!
Thanks a lot!
Since Microsoft will not provide any reports till January Tom Verhoeff on his blog shows the solution how to get some info about your app. The silverlight app gets the atom read from marketplace by ID and shows all the reviews from all marketplaces.
A few tips that make your life easer.
- Run your Visual Studio as an administrator (Right-click -> run as administrator) to get better FPS.
- Do not place IsTrial() in a loop. It take 60ms or more to return.
- Code generation in the compact framework is not the same as Windows’ code. Jitter is optimized to run fast, not to produce the fastest code.
- Property is just a function for .Net CF.
- To input text into emulator press Page-up (while editing a texbox f.e.) and then use your keybord to enter some text.
- Use F9 and F10 to change the volume
- To see app on marketplace if you are not from the country that has own marketplace go to Control Panel -> Location and change it to United States.
- Do not use transparent images at all!
- Take as much as you can from Compositor Thread (for callback animations use BitmapCache).
- Use Canvas or custom popup instead of default one (Popup class) – lack of hardware acceleration.
- If your app loads very fast get rid off the spash screen.
- Use DXT format for textures and pack them into 1 file (faster loading and fewer GPU texture switches).
- For things like game stats avoid using strings( immutable). SpriteBatch.DrawString can take a StringBuilder directly for drawing text.
- Avoid using/abusing LINQ and foreach (it may causes garbage).
- Use Jagged arrays( arrays of arrays) instead of 2d arrays.