A few tips that make your life easer.
- Run your Visual Studio as an administrator (Right-click -> run as administrator) to get better FPS.
- Do not place IsTrial() in a loop. It take 60ms or more to return.
- Code generation in the compact framework is not the same as Windows’ code. Jitter is optimized to run fast, not to produce the fastest code.
- Property is just a function for .Net CF.
- To input text into emulator press Page-up (while editing a texbox f.e.) and then use your keybord to enter some text.
- Use F9 and F10 to change the volume
- To see app on marketplace if you are not from the country that has own marketplace go to Control Panel -> Location and change it to United States.
- Do not use transparent images at all!
- Take as much as you can from Compositor Thread (for callback animations use BitmapCache).
- Use Canvas or custom popup instead of default one (Popup class) – lack of hardware acceleration.
- If your app loads very fast get rid off the spash screen.
- Use DXT format for textures and pack them into 1 file (faster loading and fewer GPU texture switches).
- For things like game stats avoid using strings( immutable). SpriteBatch.DrawString can take a StringBuilder directly for drawing text.
- Avoid using/abusing LINQ and foreach (it may causes garbage).
- Use Jagged arrays( arrays of arrays) instead of 2d arrays.